COVID Protocol - All participants must have proof of vaccine/booster within the last 6 months, all participants who do not fall within these guidelines can receive a rapid test on-site of the program.
Please join us for a fun paddle at:
Bladensburg Waterfront Park
4601 Annapolis Road
Bladensburg, MD 20710
The park is accessible via Bike Trail (Anacostia Tributary Trail System: Anacostia River Trail). There is some parking available.
April 9, 2022
12:30pm - 3pm
You will learn about the history and ecology of the Anacostia River and the progress towards river restoration during a canoe tour.
- Self-Monitoring: All participants in the Anacostia Watershed Society's (AWS) event are required to:
- Complete our Event Waiver Form and our COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to participation.
- If you have not been fully vaccinated and are eligible to receive the vaccination (i.e. 5 years or older), please do not come to the event.
- If you are sick or exhibiting symptoms associated with COVID-19 (such as fever, chills, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, etc.), do not come to the event.
- If you have had any close contact with or cared for someone diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 10 days, (even if you are fully vaccinated or have been tested), do not come to the event.
- If you are able to attend the event and become ill within one week of participating in the event, please report this to the firstname.lastname@example.org (our Human Resources email address). We will keep your identity confidential.
Masks: Eligible participants (i.e. those meeting AWS’s COVID-19 requirements—see above) are not required to wear a mask for outdoor events. No indoor events are taking place at this time.
Reservations: Pre-registration is encouraged and may be required via AWS’s website (here). All registrations require each participant to complete our Event Waiver Form and our COVID-19 screening questionnaire prior to participation.
What to Wear/Bring: All participants must arrive
We recommend wearing sunscreen and a hat and bringing water. You might also want to bring a towel and a Ziploc or dry bag to keep your belongings dry.
Note: All tours are weather dependent. We will proceed in light rain, but may need to cancel if there is heavy rain, lightning, or strong wind in the forecast.
We look forward to hosting you on our favorite river!